Thursday, August 20, 2009

11 days to go!!!

So, second to last doctor's appointment today. 37 weeks, 2 days pregnant - baby boy will be born in a week and a half! I am SO excited I can hardly stand it, but I am still scared to death of the surgery aspect of it. I know I have had one already and I survived that one, so I am trying to let that comfort me.

We had an ultrasound again today... it took longer than usual. Baby's heart rate was elevated again, but within normal so they aren't worrying about it. I ranged between 158 and 190 today during the ultrasound, closer to 160 and 170 most of the time... he also didn't want to cooperate with the moving part of the ultrasound so we had to wait for a while to make sure he was moving okay. My bp is still in the 120/80 range which I think has surprised my doctor immensely. He was expecting that I would need to start the BP meds before the end of my pregnancy. My weight is also good still, basically gained 5 lb or so from my pre-pregnancy weight, so that's good.

--Baby's heart rate as mentioned above ranged from 158-190
--femur is measuring approx 39 weeks 2 days, so two weeks ahead
--abdomen is measuring approx 37 weeks 3 days, so approximately normal
--head is measuring approx 40 weeks 2 days, so three weeks ahead
--his weight is estimated to be approximately 7 lb and 7 oz - most likely baby boy will end up being close to what Natalie weighed at birth (she was 8 lb 2 oz

I am too lazy to cut the ultrasound pictures apart in the photo editing program so you will have to click this to enlarge it and hopefully you will be able to see everything okay...


My next appointment is next Wednesday, then the c-section is scheduled for Monday August 31 at 7:30 am (we have to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM- ew), so we are hoping to have an email out by noon with birth details!

Things are as ready as they can be here, the house is slightly cluttered and not as clean as I would like, but I think that goes along with having a two year old! Natalie's potty training is going pretty well, will be happy when she is totally potty trained!

Tommy and I may be going to a concert in October, depending on the price and availability of tickets. Daughtry will be here October 26 and its one of the few performers that we can both enjoy - we have COMPLETELY opposite taste in music for the most part! Will be a first for us using a babysitter, which I am nervous about, but I thought it would be a nice post baby treat for us!

Time to get running, Natalie is making a mess of my house!!

No comments: