Wednesday, July 01, 2009

30 weeks and counting!

I had my 30 week ultrasound yesterday, followed by a add-in appointment with my OB. The ultrasound went well, though it was with a different tech than usual, which made me kind of sad, I love Stephanie! Baby did very well though, they didn't do measurements as they only do those every two weeks. However, baby did all his practice breathing and movements that he should be doing. And, my amniotic fluid levels look great, so thats always good news. I only got one photo, and its not the best, but here it is:



On to the appointment: I called on Monday due to some intense pelvic pain I have been having and frequent braxton hicks contractions. My doctor said that unfortunately there isn't much that can be done for the pain, and they will just monitor to make sure I am not having any cervical changes (which could indicate preterm labor). He did tell me on days that I wake up in pain to make that a day I don't do anything. That doesn't seem to be very helpful in getting things done around the house though. My blood pressure is still doing great and I haven't gained any weight in a while either, which is good news.

I got a call this morning from the nurses to schedule my c-section... we are on the calendar for August 31 at 7:30 am, which means I have to be to the hospital at 5:30 am! EW. I tried to schedule for Sept 1, but doc was unavailable. Oh yay. Monday's are Dr. Boyd's OR days though, so that works out good for me and I shouldn't have to worry about his schedule changing.... as long as baby stays in there until then. And of course any emergency c-sections could push my time back, but it can't be worse than last time... I'm HOPING!!!

No comments: