Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Summer update

'bout time that we get an update in. Quite a bit has happened since the October update.

Best things first: Jenn is pregnant with our second lil' one. We're looking forward to our lil' boy late-August to beginning-of-September. Natalie seems excited and says "baby" often, especially when she sees ultrasound pictures... even little tiny ones that are sitting on the desktop of the computer.

Natalie is zipping along in speaking. She knows lots of words (never had the chance to start a list to count) and strings together some sentences, such as:
  • Help you (really meaning help me, but she imitates "Want us to help you")
  • Oliver, stay there
  • I get it; I drop it
  • Hold it (sometimes followed by what she wants held)
There's some others in there, with the list of words and sentences growing as time goes on.

Jenn has recently put together a bunch of scrapbook pages in a whirlwind scrapping frenzy while I was recovering, getting a large percent of what had been queued up complete... There's still quite a bit left, but she put quite a dent in it.

Speaking of my recovering, two weeks ago I had a gallbladder attack and went to the ER. At the time I didn't know it was the gallbladder and the doctor suggested that might be it... so I was sent home and set to schedule an ultrasound to figure out what in the world it was. I managed to get in Monday afternoon and was sent to get the surgery done ASAP. I was sent to the ER to get a doctor's validation of what needed to be done and was admitted right away. Late Tuesday I had the gallbladder taken out and went home Wednesday. Early recovery was not very friendly, laproscopic != simple process after reading up. All is good now and I just need to watch what I eat.

There's been some new things at work lately: new cubicles, a new intern, and an office manager. Work is as busy as ever with no shortage of things to do and client projects to complete.

No comments: