Monday, August 14, 2006

Weekend and the basement saga continues!

It's been a long week....Tuesday the apartment complex started the epoxy process in the townhome next to ours. Within a couple of hours the smell was overwhelming, but I continued to just ignore the smell until about 4:00 it got to be too much. I went to our landlord to complain. Luckily for me, the complex OWNERS were in the office when I stopped by so they got an earful of my complaints. Kelly took my name and said "let me come up with some options and I will call you." The owners came over to check things out and made the ruling that the chemicals were NOT usable because they were too "potent" to use in people's living quarters. We got shipped off to the AmeriSuites here in Fort Wayne for two nights while they finished our floors - they decided to use latex paint instead of epoxy. The hotel was okay - would have been easier without the puppy, he does well but he does like to play and bark and you cant really have him doing that in a hotel room! When I returned home Thursday morning, I thought it was kind of strange that the windows to our townhome were fogged up. I went inside and the men were still working on the basement, and my house was less than 60 degrees!!!! I was slightly upset because we have "suffered" with the AC off the last month to save money and they had it that low for two days. Personally, I dont think there is any excuse for having it THAT cold, especially without the permission of the person paying the bill! Really was just the last straw - we are most definately looking for a new place starting in December!

And, after all this drama, the paint is already coming up off the floors....

On the upside we got away from everything this weekend and went up to Detroit with our puppy. We were only there for Saturday and Sunday but it was a nice break away from the clutter in our home. On Saturday we pretty much just relaxed around the house, minus a trip to CVS that left me with a toenail pretty much ripped off (*OUCH*) and dinner out. Sunday we got up and went to church and then breakfast with Tommy's family. The rest of the afternoon Tommy played games with his family then we took them out for chinese before leaving. After having to make several stops, we finally got home last night about 11:30.

We may have another road trip planned in the next week - we are putting lots of miles on my car and money into the hands of those wonderful oil producers! :-/

The funniest thing happened to Phoenix... obviously, as puppies get older they change, but who thought it could happen overnight??? When Phoenix woke up this morning one of his ears had miraciously flipped over into the "correct" position... lets hope the other follows suit soon, or he might be one silly looking dog. *new pics of Phoenix uploaded*

No comments: